UniFi Dream Machine - no Internet after upgrade to 1.5.6.2150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UniFi Dream Machine - no Internet after upgrade to 1.5.6.2150

I've got a UniFi Dream Machine and I love it. I started talking about it a bit in 7MS #407 here (https://7ms.us/7ms-407-four-fun-stay...rity-projects/). The experience has been awesome until this morning when I got an alert saying that at 3:00 a.m. the Fing box lost connectivity to the Internet.

I did the ol' "unplug and replug" everything trick...Internet still dead.

The weird part was my wireless devices weren't even grabbing a regular 192.168.1.x address from the Dream Machine. They were all 169.x.x.x, like even the DM itself was having issues with DHCP. I tried hard-wiring into the DM and could then get proper DHCP and log into the DM interface. Funny thing is the DM was all "Hey everything is green / thumbs up / working as designed!" Yet when I ran a speed test I got 0 up / 0 down

I went back through the event history for the DM and saw this message:

Gateway was upgraded from "1.5.3.1982" to "1.5.6.2150"
    I looked through Ubiquiti's forums but didn't see anything posted about this.

I checked under Settings > Backup and had set Enable Auto Backup to ON. In sheer desperation and "what the heck I'll try this" anger, I downloaded last night's backup from 12:00 a.m. and restored it under Restore Backup.

The device rebooted and now everything is (fingers crossed) working perfectly.

P.S. I'm now going to turn auto-updates off under Settings > Site > Automatic Upgrades
    Brian Johnson
    7 Minute Security
    Podcaster | Security Consultant

would you still recommend the DM?

Comment

Absolutely PEBCAK . I think this was just a bug (that I probably should've taken time to report), but in the big picture I consider it a small snafu in an otherwise solid experience.
      Brian Johnson
      7 Minute Security
      Podcaster | Security Consultant

Comment

Working...
      X